1973 30 identification

ASMech66

Cadet
I've had several people tell me different names of my boat. One person said it was a Commander, another said it was an express, and yet another said it was a sedan. I need help identifying my boat, it's 30' L, 10' 1" beam, picture is attached.

Attachments

• portside.jpg
    portside.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 0

seven up

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1973 30 identification

The sedan would have a bulkhead across the cockpit under the hardtop; and enclosing the lower helm. The badge "Commander" is one of many product lines. For example:

28 Ft Catalina
33 Ft Coho

Express, sport fisherman, sedan, tournament, open are some of the names that refer to the layout and design of the craft.

Now that I've confused you even more, how's she coming with the cleanup ??

ASMech66

Cadet
Re: 1973 30 identification

The 1st Mate (Kristy the wife) and I are moving along. Tuesday or Wednesday next week we're getting all the wood for the cabin. We've got a dry storage to set the wood up in to let it dry out some more. We'll be out for about 5 weeks for my job so, it should be perfect drying time for the cabin wood. We're putting spacer wood between all deminsional and plywood to let air circulate. I'm thinking that by the time we get back it should be begging for a drink of CPES. Kristy and I know we're putting more than the boats worth but, it's what we want to do. We're keeping some stuff to reuse but it is a gut job. It will basically be a new boat sitting in a 1973 hull.

Thanks for the Support