FORCE 50hp 1988. New IMPELLER, STILL WON'T PUMP WATER

remoheadsam

Cadet
1988 507F8D

fitted a new impeller, but still won't pump water,
flushed every inlet outlet with hose, so don't think there is a blockage..........
Does any one know the next step I should take

Cheers Sam

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
Re: FORCE 50hp 1988. New IMPELLER, STILL WON'T PUMP WATER

Do you have it on muffs? Sometimes it's difficult to get water flow with muffs if they aren't perfectly aligned with the water intakes. Better to use a barrel of water.

Have you checked the thermostat? May be stuck in the closed position. You can take it out as a test and see if water flows

remoheadsam

Cadet

just took housing off, no Thermostat. this an engine i have just aquired, I would presume a thermostat is my next step, I did stop the engine and whip off a hose and it was dry, I wiil have to try some how to see if I have installed the impeller incorrect,

Sam

puddle jumper

Captain

Just a thought were you getting a mist of water from your exhaust. If you were your pump is working. The other thing is there is a drive shaft coupler up inside of the leg or a cooling tube fitting that can be missed if not careful.

remoheadsam

Cadet

i shall take of the leg and start again, carefully, I must have mist sometning. If I put the leg in water and turn the shaft with a cordless driver this should make the pump work (i hope) them check the feed pipe that runs up with the drive shaft, if still no joy I will be back............. just had a wisdom tooth out..... so will have to wait till tomorrow.....OUCH,

Saw another thread just where a telltale had been fitted, invention by BAXTR and photos by Mark42. simple but effective