1981 starcraft seats and open bow area

geedubcpa

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have an open bow ss160

I am restoring my 1981 starcraft - just tore out the floors, and have new floors cut out of new marine grade plywood. I have dry fitted the floors but not installed yet.

My boat did not have seats when I got it - as they were already removed. I am wondering about putting in seats like the original or maybe something else. The original seats are the seats called back to back - and they slide out to create a bench.

Any sources on good back to back seats? I am currently looking on this site
Edit competing link removed

If you have back to back seats - what are the pro's and con's?

On the open bow area in the front - I want to create a platform - are there any good pictures of completed platforms available? Anything to consider on the platform?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: 1981 starcraft seats and open bow area

iboats.com Low Price Guarantee ? Quick and Simple
We have the best selection of products at the best prices, guaranteed.

Nobody beats our prices. If you find a current lower price on an identical, in-stock item from any nationally recognized marine Internet retailer, we will match the price. iboats.com works hard to bring you everyday low prices plus knowledgeable product advice, great in-stock selection, and outstanding customer service. Our guarantee covers it all, and if you?ve found a better price let us know and we?ll match it and work hard to make you a satisfied iboats customer for life.

Direct C&P from the iboats store....... our favorite retailer ;)

geedubcpa

Petty Officer 1st Class

Do you have a link for boat seats on iboats - have not seen it yet on the site.

Chincoteaguer

Seaman Apprentice

Suggests you consider installing a center console and a bench seat (leaning post). I gutted my 160 and put in new decking but repaired and reinstalled the dual consoles and the back-to-back seats. This was a mistake for me. I have since removed the dual console and seats and replaced with a small center console - I use my Igloo cooler as a seat - leaning post to come next spring. I really like the new configuration. It is a much better fishing boat (more room and better handling) and it gets much better gas mileage. I have had the boat out in rough seas in both configurations and the center console is much preferred.