Need advice on how to fix.....

dtag2308

Cadet
I have a 92 Crownline and have been chasing a water leak. I believe it is comming from the swim ladder mounted on the bottom of the boat. The problem is I cannot get to the nuts on the other side as they are not accessible. Several of the 6 screws just turn and I am sure they are not water tight. The ladder looks like it has some type of adhesive holding it in place. It is not loose, however some of the sealant along the side of the bracket( L-shaped monuting bracket) is pretty bad looking. I have removed all of it and am now trying to re-seal this project. Is the best thing to do just fill the gaps ( along the L bracket channel )with 5200 and do the same with the screws, since they will not come out or tighten or is there a better way to solve this problem? The ladder is fine and hold weight with no problem, so I am thinking that the 5200 will add additional strenght since it will get between the boat hull and the L-bracket and it will seal the screws and make them water tight ( silicone does not seem to work on the svrew heads ).
Sorry for the long post, but any advice will be appreciated.