Lure Holder Tip

CATransplant

Admiral
I change lures a lot while fishing, and digging in the tackle box is a hassle. I just found a great solution for my aluminum boat. I cut a 3' piece from a swimming "noodle," then hot-glued it under the gunwale beside my usual fishing position.

Lures hook right into the foam, and come right out without hanging up. So, now, I can line up my favorite lures and switch back and forth with a minimum of delay.

You could also use foam pipe insulation, but the noodles are cheaper.

HAV2FISH

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Lure Holder Tip

You could do like i do, i have a fishing pole for every lure. I just set one pole down and pick up another. At least thats what the girlfriend said i do. I guess she is never looking while I'm tying on a one.:D

gonefishie

Commander

You coulda done the same thing with a piece of marine carpet and it won't wear out like a piece of foam would.

nimmor

Petty Officer 1st Class

That is nifty ideal. I have some left over pieces of foam pipe insulation so I think I will try that.

CATransplant

Admiral

You coulda done the same thing with a piece of marine carpet and it won't wear out like a piece of foam would.

Carpet really catches the hooks, and the barbs keep you from pulling them off the carpet, I've found. No such problem with the foam stuff.

gonefishie

Commander

It takes not much effort at all to pull the hook off the carpet in my boat.

mars bar

Petty Officer 1st Class

Those noodles work great for my worm harnesses. With a 6' leader. I just stick the hooks in and wrap around and around.neat and tidy and they can dry too.

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

Great idea, CAT! I may try that method inside my tackle bag. Those trays just seem to become dumping grounds for my lures after a while. A noodle would allow me to easily put them back (and take them out) using one hand.

LiLGrady17

Seaman

Those noodles work great for my worm harnesses. With a 6' leader. I just stick the hooks in and wrap around and around.neat and tidy and they can dry too.

Saltwater Fisherman has a write in tip section, & someone wrote in about using noodles to store rigs this way. They cut noodles to the length of a duffel bag & used large head roofing nails to attach the loose side of the rigs to the noodle. I'm going to set up a bag like this myself.. Possibly use different color noodles for different type of rigs..