Skeeter deck repairs

minnow246

Recruit
Is there as easy way to replace the brass "bushing" in the front deck of my 03 Skeeter ZX200? It appears to have partially broke & is sitting angled & loose in the deck.??. Help?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Skeeter deck repairs

Welcome to iboats.

Is it the bushing for the seat pedestal? You might have to do some surgery to replace that piece and re-install an additional piese of wood below the deck.

minnow246

Recruit

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it's the brass bushing that the seat pole sits in. Looking on the web I see where I can buy just the brass bushing as though it might be just pressed into the deck some how.??. Guess you're saying it's not that simple.??.

minnow246

Recruit

I only got 1 reply to this. Am I so lucky to be the only person to have an issue like this & no one else knows anything due to never experiencing it???

Rickairmedic

Commander

Minnow I am not much help as I have just gotten back into boats and I am doing a Starcraft so havent run into that issue . I would guess some of the bass boat guys will be along.

Rick

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Do you have the old bushing? You can just reinstall the old one unless it is damaged.

The other option is you will have to have one made or purchase a new set up.

minnow246

Recruit

It's still attached in the deck. It's just the top "ring" of brass that's broken off on 1 side & the bushing appears to have "peeled" loose on 1 side under the bottom.
I'm trying to figure out how to remove & replace it. The only way I see to access it is to remove the aluminum top portion of the deck & dry boxes which is extreme. I'm trying to see if anyone else has ever had to do this & with 74 views & 2 people replying it appears I'm just the "lucky one" this happened to. You can imagine I don't want to jump into this without some sort of guidance but I can't seem to find any. Even my boat dealer has no guidance to offer. Sounds like I'm all alone here & that's scary. Surely someone has encountered this & has had to replace one.??.