dies at idle

I have 1985 50hp I have rebuilt carb replaced fuel line from tank to pump and from pump to carb also replaced fuel pump diaphram. Finally took boat out when idling will shut off in about 1 minute prime bulb and start right up put in gear and go wot its ok, even bring it off idle and just putting along is ok, it may stall just putting along but not all the time. after 6 months working on this thing and putting money in to it that wife does not know it was great taking her out. If any one has any help would be great

199675hpforce

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: dies at idle

She may want fuel and not getting any. Follow directions on carb adjustments richer is better thats how these oil. Fuel pumps go bad there are kits to rebuild easy. Could be the primer bulb sqeeze thingy. Without seeing the motor is hard to say for sure but thats what id look for.

replaced fuel pump and primerbulb will check setting on carb to more rich and thanks will let you know what i find

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

The idle circuits of the carb are the most overlooked. Unscrew the mixture adjust screw and shoot some carb cleaner in there with the straw. Let it sit for a couple of minutes and do it again. If the carb is off the motor you will see three tiny holes near the throttle butterflies. Clean those holes out with a thin piece of wire but do not elongate the holes. That should fix the idle problem

going to try sugestion on carb have just replaced conection at fuel tank both o-rings in conection where comming apart. makes sense what you are saying thanks alot for the input will post later my findings!!!

removed carb and cleaned passages as you suggested and removed idle screw and cleaned boat will idle know seems to be running better too. I thank you and so do my kids we took boat out tonight and the kids got to go swimming at local spot. thanks once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!