Just Wanted An Oil Change!

molliecpo

Cadet
Took my 75 HP Mercury outboard four stroke in for a oil change. Decided to replace fuel sender at the same time. Marina keep it for about a week. It rained all week. Got boat back and within 1hr boat was dead. Bogged down. marina towed it back in. After about five day they accepted responsibility and repaired the the water filled engine. Now, I get my boat back and the engine vibrates and kinda clanks when I shift from neutral just into forward. So I took it back to marina. They said they put it back together wrong. They again fix it. (right). I picked the boat back up yesterday and again the same thing but worse. Shift from neutral to just in to the forward position and the motor shakes and vibrates the whole back of the boat. If any one can give me a idea of what might be going on so I can feel like I know what I am talking about. I would appreciate it. Thanks

j_martin

Admiral
Re: Just Wanted An Oil Change!

Took my 75 HP Mercury outboard four stroke in for a oil change. Decided to replace fuel sender at the same time. Marina keep it for about a week. It rained all week. Got boat back and within 1hr boat was dead. Bogged down. marina towed it back in. After about five day they accepted responsibility and repaired the the water filled engine. Now, I get my boat back and the engine vibrates and kinda clanks when I shift from neutral just into forward. So I took it back to marina. They said they put it back together wrong. They again fix it. (right). I picked the boat back up yesterday and again the same thing but worse. Shift from neutral to just in to the forward position and the motor shakes and vibrates the whole back of the boat. If any one can give me a idea of what might be going on so I can feel like I know what I am talking about. I would appreciate it. Thanks

Does it miss? (they fuddled up the engine some more)
Is the prop shaft bent? (They backed it into a cement truck.)
Is the LU fuddled up? (the same JA that left the tank open thought the water might get into the lower, and decided to fix it with a crescent wrench and bailing wire.)

Time to:
A. Call Mercury customer support
B. Fire the marina
C. Hire a lawyer
D. Learn to do your own simple work.

You can't fix stupid, only defend yourself somewhat.

hope it helps
John

molliecpo

Cadet
Re: Just Wanted An Oil Change!

Thanks for your input. I will contact customer service and will get an atty. It just sucks. I had never had one single issue with that motor. Again thanks for responding. mollie