Parker 18 Prop Ventilating

pb&jellyfish

Cadet
I was out fishing on my friends Parker today and he mentioned he has had problems with the prop ventilating. It seemed fine all day, but I noticed it on the ride in. It only happens when riding in moderate chop. I looked over the back as we were running but I didn't really know what to look for. Where should the anti-cavitation plate be relative to the bottom of the hull? I would assume Parker put the motor on in the right location, but I don't know what else it could be. Would installing fins on the motor help resolve this issue? Thanks for any help.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Parker 18 Prop Ventilating

Even with the bottom is considered a starting point for the antivent(cavitation) plate).Usaually ends up higher.The less in the water the more efficient.Usually a better prop can solve venting.The turning point Hustler
Is an aluminum prop that resists venting.If you can give us the details of the boat/motor, prop size,brand,condition.

pb&jellyfish

Cadet
Re: Parker 18 Prop Ventilating

I will get the info from him. He mentioned getting a better prop anyways, so that might be a good starting point.