TOOL HELP..pLEASE

glassport

Cadet
I was just wondering about a tool called multimaster does anyone own one and is it worth the price. It looks amazing and with the access to tight areas. I also know that Home Depot carries a Ryobi that has a similar style. Thank you for any information offered.

Rickairmedic

Commander
Re: TOOL HELP..pLEASE

I dont own one as I pretty much own every tool it would replace . I will say though before I laid out the money they want for the real one I would run over to Harbor Freight and grab their exact copy of it to try it out . Then if I managed to wear the Cheap harbor Freight one out and actually liked it I might consider the real one :D.

Rick

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Most of the tight spots on a hull are hidden..... we have figured out how to get around most tight spots...... nice tool if I were involved in detailed woodworking..... I bet fiberglass would be a real acid test for it.

jzellers

Cadet

I have the Dremmel version and I really like it. I haven't done any glass work with it...yet, but I have used it for drywall and and cutting PVC pipe in tight places I couldn't even dream of using a reciprocating saw. IMO, they're worth every penny.

Afubar

Seaman Apprentice

Just my two cents worth. I just bought the Dremel Muli-Max tool and LOVE it. I'm in the process of replacing the front deck on my houseboat and found I had places to make cuts that my jig/circular/sawzall would not fit. This Dremel is fantastic, cut's wood, cuts fiberglass like butter. And doesn't cut skin. That's a biggy, I got snagged on something while cutting out some plywood and raked it across the top of my hand, not a mark, had that been any of the other tools I have, well, let's just say that I'd have been taken a trip to the ER.

Course I should be honest and say I've yet to met a power tool that I didn't like. :redface:

Lightnig

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Is this it?

https://www.4multimaster.com/default.jsp

A detail sander with cutting heads? Not for me thank you, but I won't comment in relation to boat rebuilding as I am really just starting my first project. But, considering I have various dremels/die grinders/angle grinders, I am pretty much covered for anything this device would cover.

The only tool I want to get that I don't have is a good belt sander, and this device would not cover that either...