Water pressure gauge

audiogod

Cadet
The yamaha water pressure gauge on my stratos stays stuck at around 10 but will max out off the gauge when im running the boat, do i need a new one or is there anything i can try. Im not even sure how this gauge even works.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: Water pressure gauge

I wouldnt worrk about the accuracy of the reading. If you have good water pressure and can tell when you do not have any pressure, you are fine.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

This gauge works just like your speedometer. A small tube runs from the back of the gauge to the water jacket on the engine. When the engine is running, water pressure compresses air in the tube which spins the dial. My suggestion would be to pull the tube off the back of the gauge and also at the engine. See if the gauge is now at zero. If not, the gauge is probably toast. Install a new one. Blow through the tube to clear any water. If you can't blow easily through it, it might be pinched or bent somewhere along the line. If the gauge now registers zero, and you are sure there are no obstructions connect both ends and see if it works.

audiogod

Cadet

Cool ill give that a try this weekend thanks