52' Johnson 10 hp carb-(float and needle valve)

lakota66

Recruit
I have recently purchased a QD-13 Johnson 10 hp motor off of Craigs List. In the middle of restoring it have run into some problems...minor ones, thank goodness but a couple of head bangers as well. My problem here in lies is this...during the rebuilding of the carb...the float is positioned off center causing the float to hang on the wall of the bowl and the needle valve has a slight wear ring around the needle point. I don't know if i'm looking in the wrong place, but where can i get a new float and needle...have tried fixing the float with epoxy. And even considered using dope that is used on model airplanes (fuel resistant), the reason for that is i had to trim some of the float away to reset the bracket on it that conects to the needle inside the bowl...any ideas and helpful hints are appreciated.

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Re: 52' Johnson 10 hp carb-(float and needle valve)

I'll check to see what I have left in my remaining stock. Do you have the part numbers of the float and needle valve?

lakota66

Recruit

No I dont have the part numbers, would the serial number of the motor be of any help? Also i think i may have the wrong points on it but have worked around that.

lakota66

Recruit

I dont have a manual on this motor either...can you help me there?

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner

Points are 580148, Condenser is 580321 but you can use 581419 in a pinch.

Float is 375619, float needle valve assy is 375654.

Sorry to say that I have none of those items left in my remaining stock but the numbers should help you in your search.

You've blocked private messages so I can't contact you. I don't have a service manual BUT I do have a parts manual. I won't sell this original but I can email you a copy. However, this is time consuming and there would be a charge of $20.00. If interested, email me at ReevesJ32@aol.com