99 yamaha gp 1200 wont start.

Zeebo

Recruit
Ive got a 1999 yamaha GP1200.It has only 50 hours on it and has ran fine.Ive been out twice this year with no problems.Yesterday I went to start it and it wouldnt even click and the display didnt come on,NOTHING!! I know its not the battery since I took the battery out and put it in my other ski and it fired right up.I then charged it and put it back in.I also checked the battery cables and they seem fine.I replaced the fuse in the ignition box as well and still NOTHING! Has anybody else had this problem? Im thinking its either the start switch or the starter relay? Any advice?

Thanks,
Zeebo

Gee Waverunner

Recruit
Re: 99 yamaha gp 1200 wont start.

I have a 1997 1200 waverunner that is doing the samething.It wont do anything so I looked at the stater relay and crossed it and it tunrs over but wont start.I read that some have a lock pass code,but dont know.I cant tell if its the relay or the stater button.

Bamabuff

Recruit
Re: 99 yamaha gp 1200 wont start.

My 1998 1200 gp locked up with low hours but we later found out it had a clogged or broken oil line which starved the motor and caused it to blow the #2 cylinder.It's currently in the shop awaiting a new motor since the old one has melted aluminum on the cylinder wall and underneath.:(