Anywhere to watch fireworks in Jacksonville

thunder219

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am heading to Jacksonville again over the 4th of July and was wandering if there is anywhere to watch fire works on the inter coastal waterway? I was there last week and I cant remember the name of the marina where I put the boat in the water, I know it was off of Beach blvd. and the store was called crazy fish. If there is fireworks and there would be a closer ramp please let me know. Thanks for any help.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Anywhere to watch fireworks in Jacksonville

the best fireworks are downtown Hart and Acosta bridge. Unless you have a fair size boat i do not recommend it. there will be many boats on the water, and drinkers. the water police block the river under the fireworks zone. best view is the south side of the Fuller Warren Bridge, Launches, Goodby's Lake, San Juan & Cedar Creek, Seaboard Ramp. the Orange Park ramps. you also can launch at the downtown ramp Friendship Park, but you must be early and expect a wait to load. all ramps will be at capacity.

thunder219

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the response. I don't know if I want to watch them on the water because I don't know the water well enough for night and mostly because of the drinkers. I am hoping to have it out a lot for the week but I will have my kids this time and think we may be better off on land at night. Thanks again, Walt

tashasdaddy

get anywhere on the river downtown. it is spectacular.

thunder219

Petty Officer 2nd Class

After talking to everyone thats going, I guess I am going out on the water to watch the fireworks. I think I am just going to put in at the beach blvd ramp since thats the only one I have been to a few times. For anyone that knows, do I go to the ship yard and turn back to the left and go under that bridge on to downtown? My map is in my boat which is still in florida. I am going to go Fri. just to make sure that we know the way. What is a good time to get there to get a spot? Thanks for the help.

tashasdaddy

just got this. free concert, and the fireworks together.

FREE Concert featuring

Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo,

Richard Marx and

The Boogie Freaks

Metropolitan Park

Gates open at 4 p.m.

Fireworks Spectacular