Be careful this weekend (BUI Crackdown)

rrhodes

Chief Petty Officer
Although you should always be careful and keep your drinking to a minimum you may want to take a look at this site and the states in blue. There is going to be a BUI crack down this weekend across the US.

This is not spam, I confirmed it with the local DNR.

http://operationdrywater.org/

MercGuy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Be careful this weekend (BUI Crackdown)

These zealots really steam me.

We are not that far from Nazi Germany ("Papers please...").

What ever happened to our constitutional right against unreasonable search and seizure ??

I continually find myself travelling farther and farther to go boating where I don't have to be subjected from the "Protection" these lawmen are forcing upon me.

I think the next time I'm forced to stop for a "Courtesy Safety Inspection" I'm going to refuse and ask to speak to a judge. If I had the time & money I'd take it to the Supreme Court.

And to those who are wondering, no, I'm not advocating drinking and boating. What I am advocating is the right as an American citizen to take a boat trip with my family without be stopped, searched, and hassled by officers who have a need to exert authority over me in order to mask their own inferiority complexes.

Z71Man

Cadet

With the exception of the part about Germany, I agree with Mercguy.

Most of this type of law enforcement seems to be about revenue generation. I understand they need to buy new huge boats every year, but I could do without the disrespectful attitute that more that 3/4th of the guy's I've dealt with have had.

Many of the nations law enforcement officers risk their lives against people who would do them and others serious harm, and that is worthy of respect or at least some consideration on the part of the people. Water cops in my area just plain don't face this threat. It just seems to be all about ego.

I guess it's just the 90% that give the 10% a bad name!

rjlipscomb

Chief Petty Officer

With the exception of the part about Germany, I agree with Mercguy.

Most of this type of law enforcement seems to be about revenue generation. I understand they need to buy new huge boats every year, but I could do without the disrespectful attitute that more that 3/4th of the guy's I've dealt with have had.

Many of the nations law enforcement officers risk their lives against people who would do them and others serious harm, and that is worthy of respect or at least some consideration on the part of the people. Water cops in my area just plain don't face this threat. It just seems to be all about ego.

I guess it's just the 90% that give the 10% a bad name!

Was that the 90% that is bad or the 10% that is bad :confused:

I agree, I respect our law enforcement officers and appreciate the job they do to make my life safer whether on the road or water. BUT, it seems that our government is running out of ways to take our money from us and is therefore seeking new ways to bleed us dry. And there is an element of law enforcement which thrives on using their "authority" to harass people and make themselves feel superior (inferiority complex). When the two mix, we lose either our rights to unreasonable searches, time to harassment for nothing or freedom and liberty to enjoy our lives.

I agree, people committing crimes and violating the law need to be held accountable. But the rest of us law abiding, tax paying citizens should enjoy the benefit of being so.

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

These zealots really steam me.

We are not that far from Nazi Germany ("Papers please...").

What ever happened to our constitutional right against unreasonable search and seizure ??

I continually find myself travelling farther and farther to go boating where I don't have to be subjected from the "Protection" these lawmen are forcing upon me.

I think the next time I'm forced to stop for a "Courtesy Safety Inspection" I'm going to refuse and ask to speak to a judge. If I had the time & money I'd take it to the Supreme Court.

And to those who are wondering, no, I'm not advocating drinking and boating. What I am advocating is the right as an American citizen to take a boat trip with my family without be stopped, searched, and hassled by officers who have a need to exert authority over me in order to mask their own inferiority complexes.

Hammer... meet nail!!! I couldn't agree more. Searching a vessel without probable cause is a violation of our constitutional rights.

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

For those of you who find these random searches to be infuriating, this will likely make you very happy: http://www.publications.ojd.state.or.us/A113837.htm

Always love to see overbearing law enforcement put back in their place. I'd rather have crime than live knowing the so-called 'protection' can attack me any time they wish.

I've always liked the analogy of the body guard who only agrees to protect the woman from rapists if he is able to rape her whenever he wishes.