Cylinder Head Part # Cross Reference Please

HybridMX6

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Hello. I'm still trying to figure out what year this engine is, or at least parts on it. I've got a t-stat and all associated parts for a 1993 and they do not seem to fit this engines head. My part # on the engine is 329835-4. When I bought it I was told it's a 1994, after doing some work on it and posting a few pics on here, I was told it's a 1993. The engine has had the powerhead worked on in the past by someone, and I'm afraid they've switched the powerhead on me, and now I don't know what I need to order to get the right t-stat. I tried cross-referencing it on BRP, but can't come up with this P#. Can anyone else tell me what year this goes to so I can get this part ordered, or maybe also any other P#'s that superceded this one?
Thank You

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral
Re: Cylinder Head Part # Cross Reference Please

We need a model number to know what engine your dealing with. The number on the soft plug in the block should agree with the number on the stern bracket. That should tell you if the block has been switched.

HybridMX6

Motor ID tag has been missing since I got the engine, and I tried cross-referencing the welch plug # with a local dealer and they came up with nothing, and said it's most likely been replaced already and the # is no good.

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral

It alway's made me wonder when I seen an engine with no ID tags, or a fairly new engine with battery cables from an electric welder.

HybridMX6

Yeah, makes me wonder what all was done, also makes me hope I used the right parts since I rebuilt this engine with parts for a 1993. I've tried searching around through BRP, and it appears they only had 2 variations in the t-stat for this series of engine, so I guess I'll just order the other one and see if it works, if not, then I have no idea.