98 GSX LIMITED on the fritz!

Doogie717

Recruit
Hi there.
My ski is a 98 GSX Limited. I had put a new battery in it for the summer last year and cranked it up for a few seconds before heading to the lake to ride for the first time. Everything was fine with the gauges and fluids were topped off. I stopped at the gas station to fill it and the gauges wouldn't work ( no display ) and it started beeping.
I put it in the water anyway and it ran fine but no info was on the display and no fuel level was visible. It would also beep a long tone ever few minutes. Dose anyone have any clue to what might be going on? I have read several threads about the fuel sending unit and checking all wiring connections and fuses which we have done. Could it be the display itself, the fuel sending unit or MPEM which has already be replaced once already? Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks for your time. Doug

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 98 GSX LIMITED on the fritz!

bad conection in the wires,, try removing the plugs at the mepm spray them with silicon spray and plug them back on,, see if that works, I had a sea doo that did that to me occasionally and once I removed the big plug from the computer sprayed it and re installed it, it would work again,, also check any ground wires from the gauge cluster they do go bad also.

Doogie717

Recruit
Re: 98 GSX LIMITED on the fritz!

Thanks for the reply Jeff. I will give it a go and see what happens. I would be happy if it was somethings as simple as what you have described. I will post back when I have checked everything out and let you know what happens. If you have any other ideas in the mean time send them along.
Thanks agian, Doug