Battery ID

KSorber

Cadet
I have a '00 360 Luhrs that I bought earlier this year and final did my first overnight fishing trip. One big let down was that battery running my spreader lights, fishfinder, and radar would only last about 3 hours before hitting 10.5 volts and I had to fire up the engines and re-charge it. Doing little amp-hour math I came to the conclusion that either the battery on that side was weak or it was not true deep cycle battery as advertised. (It would not surprise if the previous owner replaced them with the cheapist ones he could find.)<br /><br />The battery in question is full of water and my battery tester easlily floated all of the balls in each cell. My next step was to identify the battery. It was a black battery case with a red label that said "Survivor" on the side and "power level 60" on the top. <br /><br />I have tried to find out some information on this battery on the web, but I have found nothing. Can anyone tell me anything about this battery or where I can find it out? By the name I am guessing it is either a 600CCA cranking battery or possibly a little 60 Amp/hour deep cycle. Which in either case I will replace them, but I would like to make sure first. The Luhrs is supposed to come with a cranking battery for the genset, and either 105 or 200 a/h deep cycle batteries for each of the main battery banks. All three locations have the exact same "mystery" battery, so I am assuming they are the result of the previous owner.

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: Battery ID

Can't help you with your battery but the best source of information on batteries - care & feeding - is some of the motorhome forums.

n0ukf

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Battery ID

You might also try some of the ham radio web sites for battery care.<br /><br />73, de N0UKF