Broken Windshield

wvn4k

Recruit
Discovered smashed windshield on my 1992 Chris Cfrat 228 today at the yard. It's the curved section on the starboard side. Is this a call to Taylor Made whose sticker is on it or something else and how much do these cost. Thanks

bhalsdorf

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Broken Windshield

You have 2 choices. Call Taylor made and order a replacement. Or, make your own. There is a post in backyard building section that has a link to making your own.

Lou C

Supreme Mariner

I had to replace the port side windshield on my Four Winns. I was able to contact the manufacturer of the windshield (Water Bonnet Manufacturing) with the part # I got from Four Winns. They shipped it to me for a cost of about $125 or so, and I was able to install it myself in about 1 hour or so. This was a tempered glass windshield with a slight bend to it.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

WVN4K-If you figure out how to find "Taylor Made" please post it here as a reply. Just early this evening I tried to find them on a google search, to no avail. I have a little accessorie item from them, in the original package that is now 30 years old and I would like to get more of them. The actual company name as listed on the package is "N. A. Taylor Co. Inc"

loredo

Cadet

I,ve been thru the windshield ordeal, just for the info, Taylor doesn,t keep any stock replacements on any style windshield over two years old. They refered me to a couple of windshield man. out of florida. I needed a set for a 26 ft. Searay, finally had to have a set made out of Fla., Marine Glass Specialties. Not cheap, but they fit good, " but haven,t found anything cheap for a boat. Have you tried Chris Craft ?

n0ukf

Petty Officer 2nd Class

This spring we replaced a scratched/cloudy/crazed/broken windshield on the 1960 15' Wizard boat I got from Grandma. We just got some 1/4" Lexan (should have been 3/16, but they didn't have a big enough piece) from a local glass shop, made a template from the old one, cut it out and bolted it to the boat while holding the bend (would have been easier with the 3/16", and we could have heat-bent it if we used plexi). Anyway, it works. For a bit more, we could have let them do it for us.<br /><br />My '64 14' Glastron has a Taylor Made plexi (or whatever) windshield and it's still usable (just a little cloudy).<br /><br />Yepblaze, in their marine section, I didn't see anything but glass (no Plexi or Lexan).