Manual tilt thingamee -- name and source?

Dabbler_E

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 1979 Johnson 70 hp, without power tilt/trim. The motor bracket apparently came with a part that "propped" (NOT propeller!) the motor up in a tilted position, and could be flipped out of the way to let the motor back down. Anybody know what that part is called and where I could get a replacement? I haven't been able to find it in either my Clymer manual or the OMC service manual.

The reason for this post is that the previous owner apparently busted off the point of attachment for the "thingamee" (probably by backing into something while the motor was in the up position) and I'd like to repair and replace it. My current fix involves hooking a strap from the motor cover to a grab bar behind the seats, and it is very suboptimal!

Thanks.

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: Manual tilt thingamee -- name and source?

Go to the BRP store and click the diagram in the upper right corner, then navigate to your motor.

The parts that you will need are shown in the "Exhaust Housing" diagram.

If you click the number on the diagram, it will take you to the part number in the parts list. You can then see if the part is still available. Parts that are "not available" are often found at sea-way.com.

http://shop.evinrude.com/

Dabbler_E

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Manual tilt thingamee -- name and source?

Thanks -- it turns out to be the "Trail Lock Lever" if anyone's interested.

I use a transom saver when trailering, but it is nice to be able to lock the motor up while on the water at times.