2001 5.7Gsi Fuel Cell Issue

Proline26

Recruit
Hello Everyone,
Have a 26 ProLine with a T.B.I. volvo 5.7. That first started with a whine sound coming from the fuel cell that is located in the front of the engine. After checking fuel press. high side pump was bad.Replaced pump everything was good.Boat sits for about 6 months. About two weeks ago I was leaving the breakwall and powering up when the boat starts hesitating and starts dieing.Limp it back to the trailor and take it home.I was hearing a whine sound coming from the fuel cell I disconected the vaccum hose that comes from the pulse sensor to the fuel cell and noise went away.I have noticed that the psi on the pumps look ok at idle and below 2500 rpm. But once I put it in the water and get above 3000rpm the press. drops on the low and the engine starts to buck.I have replaced fuel filter/ checked tank for dirt,ok// checked my S.L.O.W. oil switch and thats ok. I have replaced the cap and rotor used a remote fuel tank.Before i spend the $700.00 dollers on the fuel cell I need to make sure that is the problem. I read that someone had an issue with the ign.coil. can this be it? under an extrem load that the coil can be causing a lack of power? At this point i would apreciate the help.

Re: 2001 5.7Gsi Fuel Cell Issue

Im having the same problem you are. I have checked everything and appears that the low pressure pump is weak, so the high pressure pump is starving for fuel to feed the motor. I have talked to several other people and they say it is a fuel pump issue. My fuel cell is on order, so I will let you know how it turns out.