Oh did I pull one!!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
My brother is a gunsmith with a BATFE License..... and I have a BATFE explosive license...... needless to say we are very carefull to stay within the guidelines and regulations.

Someone local here gave me a bunch of 20MM cannon shells that were empty...... once fired. Dirty and tarnished but interesting huge heavy solid brass shells.

The other day I grabbed 6 of them wrapped them in paper and tossed them into an envelope to mail to my brother. I thought he would like them for his business or as converstion pieces..... :)

6 shells weighed over 2 lbs and when I mailed them I was questioned at the post office if they were ...liquid, hazadous, flammable, explosive etc.... I said no they were just chunks of brass and off into the postal system they went..... ;)

The postal inspector at my brother's post office was not convinced :confused: and made him open the package in his presence..... lot's of questions but nothing was violated! :p I guess the postal inspector was asking what kind of gun did they fit and who had one!! :D

aspeck

Staff member
Re: Oh did I pull one!!

Were the questions because he wanted to go postal and have the biggest gun available when he did??? :D :D

boat1010

Senior Chief Petty Officer

10 years no one would have thought twice about what you sent. :mad: I'm not sure we are moving in the right direction.

airmail

Seaman

I would think it shows that the Postal Inspectors are doing their job.