Stain Remover

ctissot941

Recruit
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has a stain remover they swear by? I have some minor fish blood stains, and some other stains that I don't know what they are or where they came from. I''ve tried several "stain removers" like krazy clean and it didn't woirk. These stains are on the deck of my boat. If anyone know a good remover I can buy at West Marine, or online as well.

Thanks,
Chris

Searay 150merc

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Stain Remover

I used Mr Clean magic erasers. cheaper than stuff at marine store and worked better.

yrsouth

Cadet

try hydrogen peroxide, it lyses the protein and then you can wipe up with Mr Clean

WTR4FUN

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I second the magic eraser's, they worked wonders on my gelcoat and vynl.

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander

Clorox Clean Up. Takes out some really bad tannin stains in my deck. It's cheap - give it a try. If that doesn't work then get some MaryKate On & Off.
If you go with the On & Off - YOU MUST READ THE INSTRUCTIONS !!!!!!!!
That's all I'm gonna' say. :eek:

ctissot941

Recruit

The magic erasers did work well on most of the stains. I have a few stains, i believe they are fish bloot/guts. The erasers won't take then out nor anything else I try. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove them, any other products?

IVAZ

Master Chief Petty Officer

I removed squirrel guts/blood with Simple Green. It was on the carpet and gelcoat. If you let it soak in a little bit it works better.