Free DVD Ripper?

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Is there such a thing as a free DVD ripper? I see free CD music/mp3 rippers all over, but can't find a free DVD ripper. Anyone know where one can be downloaded?

eavega

Lieutenant
Re: Free DVD Ripper?

What do you mean by "ripper"? Do you want to copy DVDs so you can make backup copies for purely archival purposes (which is legal in some cases if the Licence Agreement allows it), or do you want to change the format so you can view your movies in an alternate format such as Divix, VCD, etc?

-Eric

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

I need to make a backup copy of the kids dvd movies. They scratch them or break them, and I need to have a backup to replace the damaged disks.

unionbricky

Cadet

dvdfab platinum ver 5.2
i have the one with the cracked serial if you want it,
can i upload files in the thread here?

hehe i admin at another vbul site,

here ya go, i uploaded to share site for ya,
Code:
http://www.ShareCow.com/Download.aspx?request=c138086c-da30-4af8-a98d-4b14168fab5b

eavega

Lieutenant

A great program I use is DVDShrink. I do the same thing; have kids movies that travel with us, and the originals stay at home. If I leave one at a hotel or something, I have only lost the media, not the movie.

The nice thing about DVDShrink is that it also lets you re-author the disk, so you can play around with the quality and the content to get it to fit on a regular 4.7 GB writeable DVD. Note that Version 3.2 was the last version that was free. I think it has since been sold to another company who is charging for it.

-Eric

Lightnig

Petty Officer 2nd Class

A great program I use is DVDShrink. I do the same thing; have kids movies that travel with us, and the originals stay at home. If I leave one at a hotel or something, I have only lost the media, not the movie.

The nice thing about DVDShrink is that it also lets you re-author the disk, so you can play around with the quality and the content to get it to fit on a regular 4.7 GB writeable DVD. Note that Version 3.2 was the last version that was free. I think it has since been sold to another company who is charging for it.

-Eric

+ 2 on DVDshrink

Works well, is easy to use and is still FREE.

dvdshrink said:
DVDShrink is and will always be FREE software. You won't be charged for it, ever. If you were charged for it, you've probably been cheated. Also some download sites offer a subscription which pays for the membership AND bandwith you consume on their servers, NOT for DVDShrink.

http://www.dvdshrink.org/

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Thanks guys! I got DVDShrink and its backing up a dvd right now. Hopefully, the compressed backup will fit on a dvd!

BuzzStPoint

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I use a couple step process, Haven't found a movie I couldn't copy.

Ripit4me
dvdDecrypter - (Old version, pm me if you need a copy)
dvdShrink.

All 3 are freeware.

With those programs I can copy any movie.. Used to use the same steps for my PS2 games but I sold my chipped PS2.

Edit:
If you need a step by step guide. I created one along with pics.
http://www.computervitals.com/forum/dvd_backup_guide-t9609.html