Finally my first boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesabay

Cadet
Greetings All,

Well I finally did it, I bought a boat. I've been reading this site for awhile, while I was looking for a boat and I hate to say it, but I bought the thing on ebay for $ 1000.00. There is a soft spot in the middle of the floor, which was disclosed on the site and it said the engine was rebuilt - but who knows for sure?

It is a 1986 Citation model 2050, but I can't find anything on the net about it. So if anyone can direct me to the right place I would appreciate it!

Iv'e had it in the water 6 times so far, on the first day out the depth finder didn't work and I ran it aground (in some mud), so that was replaced. Yesterday I had some engine problems which I'll post in the engine section.

Here's pictures of the new baby :D

Attachments

• New Boat - web.jpg
    New Boat - web.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 0
  • aft boat - web.jpg
    aft boat - web.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 0
  • engine 1 - web.jpg
    engine 1 - web.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 0
  • boat cockpit - web.jpg
    boat cockpit - web.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 0

TexasX

Seaman
Re: Finally my first boat

Wecome aboard and congrats on your boat!

Boss Hawg

Lieutenant

:eek: $1000
Sounds & looks like a deal to me :D
Guess i'll slip over to check on your motor issues :rolleyes:

Willyclay

Captain

A quick look at NADA/Boats shows that Citation may have been produced by several different builders but the years I saw do not match what you have. Here's a link to the NADA website:

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx?l=1&w=24&p=38&f=5692&gc=MR&gtc=MR&ml=C&pg=3

The USCG Manufacturers Identification Code (MIC) database shows a builder of Citation Boats in Salt Lake City, Utah that went out of business in SEP86. The only way to know for sure is to find your boat's MIC which is the first three alpha digits of the HIN and compare that to the database. Here's a link:

http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/mic_database.htm

Good luck!

Last edited:

Chesabay

Cadet

The letters are FSJ which is Citation and the last two numbers are 86. I went to the site you mentioned and that's why I'm having problems finding out about the boat.

Willyclay

Captain

I bought my current boat in 2006 and it was one of the last ones made before the builder went out-of-business eleven years prior. Using what info was in the USCG MIC database, I did reverse lookups of the addresses and telphone numbers and ultimately tracked down the owner of the business who helped me greatly. He seemed pleased that someone cared enough about the old boat he built to make the effort. Good luck with yours!

Luposian

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Apologies for commenting 11 yrs. after the last post, but I'm hoping somone might be able to help me locate the original owner of Citation Boats or someone/someplace that has information concerning my 1981 Citation Marquis. Owner's manual, sales flyers, brochures, etc. HINDecoder gives only the barest basic info.

Status
Not open for further replies.