Yamaha or Hydro Tec ???

donnydodad

Cadet
I have 1984 yamaha 150 hydro tec outboard, i just recently bought it and 1984 skeeter ss starfire 17ft bass boat , anyways question is can someone help me obtain a correct manual for this motor and boat, or does anyone have wirring diagram for the boat itself ? the pro had pretty good ding in it so i went to local boat shop and just looked at 30 different props on there wall and had a 4 blade stainless in my hand when saleman asked if he could help me , i told him i has skeeter and it had yamaha 150 on it ! He said here you go sir this is the proper prop for my motor , was a 3 blade, i said no mine has 4 blades , back and forth we went,,he says ok how many rpms does it run at (wot) wide open throttle,,i said about 7600 , which was just a guess i thought i had saw when friend i bought the boat from had been displayed when we were out one day 2 years ago. Anyways long story short no engine # numbers match online , for me to be able to look up parts and acceries for this motor ,,so i call yamaha 20 minutes he says i"ll get you a call back after asking his boss about this,,i was only looking for proper number that crossed that is availible online that everything matched for me to be able to order parts! hour and a half later his boss calls me ,,From yamaha MANufacter. and cant help me as to what 1984 yamaha 150 motor is my same exact number to look up parsts ! Any Help PLZ?? Does anyone know what hydro tec means or does to the motor?? Thank You All.. donnydodaddy@yahoo.com as well!

Trent

Captain
Re: Yamaha or Hydro Tec ???

Post the model and serial number off the transom bracket of the engine.

donnydodad

Cadet

Ok sorry here they are
Yamaha 150 AETO
6G4 L 400492
That whats on the crome tab..

Trent

Captain

From my information you have a 1983 year model engine. Most folks data dont go back more than 1984. You need to contact a factory tech rep and they can help if they are not too busy. You asked about Hydo Tec.. Only thing I know about that is there is a company that does rebuliding by that name. They might be able to help you?

http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/rottler.html