Bimini tops help

Tail_Gunner

Admiral
Time for a top but the issue here is they do not make a top precisiely for the boat. Now they do have one for the larson 186 senza which is very close in winsheild and hull design...Can i use something like that or are the tops more universal than i think.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral
Re: Bimini tops help

The ones i have bought from Westland are more universal fit.
Measure the width of where you want mount it.Then measure how high it needs to be..Pick the one closest to the height you want.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Well the issue is the winsheild is long and low..It runs all the way back to the sunpad....There is only 3' of rail left...to mount or balance the top and that would look funky i assume..There's a pic you can see i have no rail..:(

Picture016-3.jpg

Nandy

Commander

You might have to mount it in the inside.

azlakes

Senior Chief Petty Officer

hi gunner,

... they are fairly universal but what i found was the pole support mounts can get tricky. they make windshield mounts or you can go with a gunwhale mount which is what i ended up doing. if you placed the rear bimini supports where your rear glass ends and placed the front supports using windshield mounts, it should provide a lot of shade and rest nicely on your cowling when lowered. if you find it binds and wont fold down then side mounts should help. what does Larson recommend?

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

I have a westland, its in my sig pic. I have it mounted outside the windshield so it covers more. they make all kinds of mounts, so you dont have to mount it on a horizontal surface. I just measured a few times for my needs, then ordered it. best purchase i made for the boat so far.