Can't start Yamaha 40HEO

BIGBARRY

Recruit
I bought a Yamaha 40HEO 2 yrs ago. I haven't ran it in a year. I've recharged the batteries and replaced the fuel and it still will not start. I've tried to find a manuel, but it seems this model doesn't exist. When I turn the key, nothing happens, no crank, etc?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Can't start Yamaha 40HEO

1. Fuse or ckt breaker.
2. Neutral start switch.
3. Bad battery cable connections.

Let us know what you find.

BIGBARRY

Recruit

OK, located motor. It's a 1984 40ELN. I replaced spark plugs and new battery. Everywhere else says to check fuses and breakers, but can't seem to locate them anywhere? Where should I be looking. - New to boating.

mattfromohio

Cadet

the kill switch might be bad. white and black wire

theres some fuses in the housing with the motor on a green wire then theres a few connects through out the motor. that model has an extra fuse behing the cover on the left side of the motor(opisite the oil resivor)

is it rolling over at all?

i found a manuel for my 1984 40ELN at a boat place here in new richmond ohio last one i believe. if you cant find on e here on i boats try overtons

mattfromohio

Cadet

my motor got wet yesterday and it ran out of gas it wouldnt start back up. changed the plugs refilled the gas. rolls over strong and i dont see any sparks, but it does shock me a little. any ideas