Nissan 1994 Model Ns30a3 Cooling

HERRDON

Cadet
I Bought This Motor Last Year Used And When I Tried To Use It It Would Run For A Short Period Of Time Slow And Then Fast For A Short Period And Then Stop. Bulb Would Be Hard. After A Short Period Of Time I Could Restart It And The Problem Would Repeat Itself. I Changed The Water Pump, Fuel Pump And Thermostat. Now When I Run It In A Tub I Do Not Get Water Out Of The Little Weep Hole Right Under The Cowl However There Is A Lot Of Water Discharge From Motor And It Does Not Get Hot. Should I Be Getting Water Out Of The Little Hole And What Could Be The Reason I Am Not If I Should Be. Thanks.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral
Re: Nissan 1994 Model Ns30a3 Cooling

yES, aND tHE rEASON iS tHAT tHE lITTLE hOLE iS sTOPPED uP. sTICK a pIECE oF wIRE tHROUGH iT wHILE tHE eNGINE iS rUNNING aND iT sHOULD sTART wORKING.

HERRDON

Cadet

Nissan Guru Your Fix Was Exactly What The Doctor Ordered. You Could Drill A Hole With The Pressure From That Tube Now.
I Noticed I Am Getting A Grease Leak Around The Prop. I Have A Repair Manual But It Is Rather Confusing. Can I Just Replace The Grease Seal And O Ring? And If So Do You Guys Have The Parts?

pvanv

Admiral

Verify that it is a grease leak. Often, residue from unburned fuel/oil mix will appear to be a leak. Common with 2-smokes.

HERRDON

Cadet

Paul, Thanks For Your Reply. I Verified It Is A Leak, The Inside Of The Prop Shaft Housing Was Pretty Grungy. It Looks Like The Guy Changed The Grease To Sell It And Never Did Much Before That. The Way It Looked The O Ring Was Not Making A Good Seal Either.

Don

pvanv

Admiral

Due to the labor involved, plan on a full set of seals/o-rings/gaskets, and you may want a water pump kit as well, since you will have already dropped the LU.