Etec prop on 1971 Johnson 60hp

hisNhers

Cadet
I have been offered a new etec prop 13 1/4 x 17 aluminium, to replace my old 1971 hydro electric 60 hp johnson. New prop part number is 391199. The original prop part number is 382764, similar pitch and diameter. Can I use the new prop, or am I missing something?

BTW it's great to be back on here, it's been 3 months since I could log on from Australia!!!

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Etec prop on 1971 Johnson 60hp

Welcome back.
Prop numbers here at the prop store are the same for prop and hub.

Last edited:

hisNhers

Cadet

YAY!!! It worked. the new prop fits perfectly. Question though: I reused the nut, prop spacer and cotter pin. Regreased everything as well. Should I buy a new nut, prop spacer and cotter pin instead?

jaymasta

Petty Officer 1st Class

You should buy a new cotter pin at the least, the others if they are in good condition should be ok but cotter pins due to bending them are one time use items. I have reused them on occasion as a temp fix if I didn't have the right size until I could get the right size but on things that aren't a big deal, a prop on the other hand is a big deal I would not reuse a cotter pin on something like that even for a quick fix until you can get a new one.