F50 TLRS, 1995 Carburetor Disassembly

glink_98

Cadet
I have Yamaha F50 TLRS, 1995.

I am dissembling the 4 carbs and plan to soak them in cleaner.

I am having trouble removing the jets/ nozzles----

carb1.jpg

In real life they look like this-----
carb2.jpg

In the last picture I have removed all that is easy but---I see no way to ?unscrew? the final jets and nozzles (see the yellow arrows) ---- there is nothing to grab on to. Please-- how do I remove them?or--- do I not try?

Thanks a lot--- Rick

Inducted

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: F50 TLRS, 1995 Carburetor Disassembly

The Brass tube in the middle of the carb body should be pryed up with a screwdriver reaching in thru the throttle end or the front opening. It should pry up. Your carb looks pretty dirty so do not force it and break it. Leave it in and let it soak.
Leave the other brass piece in also.
Your carb looks very dirty. After soaking clean all passages with a fine probing wire and carb cleaner.
Good luck

Big Keepers

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'd be hesitant to start probing with a wire unless you know what you're doing, have done it before, and/or know for certain the wire you are using is exactly the same diameter as the orifice you will be cleaning. From what I've been told generally you shouldn't have to soak carburetors in cleaner for long periods of time. It actually can do some damage from what I've heard if you soak them for too long. I'd leave those pressed fittings in the body as was suggested by Inducted. Get some small acid brushes, some carb cleaner and an air compressor with a nozzle or tip that allows you to vary the amount of air that comes out, usually a small air pen will do. Lots of cleaner, some brushing and compressed air will get them clean. Some of those fittings are meant to stay pressed into the carb body.

Your other option is an ultrasonic parts cleaner which you can purchase online for a hundred bucks or so.

glink_98

Cadet

Dear Big Keepers and Inducted:

Thanks a lot for taking the time to help!

I will begin working on all carbs tomorrow. Looks like I need no parts, just a good cleaning.

Oh yes--- I was just invited to fly in and fish for King (Chinook) salmon-- this may have to wait a few hours!

Regards--- Rick