1998 175 Johnson Control Box Wiring

KenF

Recruit
I was doing some re-work on my boat and decided to re-route the wiring. This required dismantling the control box, re-routing the wires and re-assembling the box. Along the way I figured it would be nice to bypass the stupid lanyard safety switch since it's not very practical on a 24' pontoon boat anyway!!

Of course, a couple of weeks later when I had finished my re-work, the motor won't start and obviously I have messed up somewhere. I cut the Black/Yellow wire and everything is good!!! Hmmmm! Would be nice to be able to stop the motor and maybe some of the stuff I have disabled is actually useful???

Okay, I've done my penance and admitted my stupidity, hope you all get a good chuckle out of this but could someone help me wire the control box properly? The guy who told me about the Black/yellow wire trick is too busy to help and I need the boat.

Can't find my manual (as if it would have the wiring diagram for this!). I think it's at my place up the lake (boat access only!!) - You're still chuckling, aren't you?

HEEEELLLLPPP!!

Ken

KenF

Recruit
Re: 1998 175 Johnson Control Box Wiring

Fabulous man, thanks a million.

Ken