4.3l rebuild question

Fix'em

Seaman Apprentice
Hi guys,

New user here with yet another question regarding the rebuild of a 4.3L engine. I just purchased a used Thundercraft 19', with a cracked block. (yes, I did know this going in. I got it for a song because of this) I've done quite a bit of research here through the many threads regarding this and have concluded that it is safe to used a 4.3L truck block. However, all internals, rotating assembly, heads, starter altenator, etc..... EVERYTHING will be transfered to the junkyard donor block that will be stripped and honed.

What I need to know is if the torque specs. are the same for the critical components such as bearing caps, crank mains, head bolts, intake bolts,... in the marine application as they are for truck applications. I thought maybe they might be a bit higher for some reason due to higher stresses, but have been unable to find any info. If all else fails, I thought maybe the local boat shop could help me out with a printout or something when I go in to get all my gaskets and seals.

Anchor Management 1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 4.3l rebuild question

Yes torque specs are the same.You can download the adults only sticky for your specs.

Fix'em

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 4.3l rebuild question

Excellent. That's good news.Thank you for the response.