1984 25hp. sea horse oil and charging?

jarin12ga

Recruit
I bought this motor with a 14ft mirrocraft boat.Great running little motor!Im so happy with it.Does this year charge the battery?And im running 50:1 amsoil synthetic oil witch is working great.Very little smoke runs clean.Im thinking of running JOHNSON brand 2cylcle oil?They make that motor, but is it really better oil???Thanks for any help!. I had a inboard outboard 170 hp mercruiser,that was a total junk. I like the outboard much better.Because I never have to worry about this johnson ever starting again LOL!!

Vic.S

Rear Admiral
Re: 1984 25hp. sea horse oil and charging?

Any oil to TCW3 spec will be suitable. Don't pay extra for major brand names on the bottle. Synthetic oils will smoke less.

Electric start models should be fitted with a stator coil and rectifier for battery charging. The round non regulated rectifier with a red and three yellow wires connecting to a terminal strip nearby on the side of the engine. Output is red ( +) and grond (-)

For other models a battery charging kit including the stator coil, the rectifier and all wiring is available for $85.95

Possible that it already has a stator coil to provide AC output (Three pin socket fitted?) if so a rectifier kit is available to plug in to that socket.