24' Silverline Project

fishseeker

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I picked up a 1979 Silverline Nantuket project boat. Paid $800 for baot and trailer. Has an OMC 230(Old Major Crap)for now. Will be doing a Transom/stringer replacement. Have the engine ready to remove. Plan on plugging the transom hole and going with a Mercruiser or Volvo setup.
I have done Fiberglassing(enough to know what I'm in for) built 2 16' drift boats from cleaning the molds to launch. Do all my own wrenching. I will try to post Pictures as I go!
I have been boating(Read fishing Puget Sound) for 35 years and think the hull will make a dandy platform for the sound as well as Butt fishing out of Neah Bay.
Latter John

Attachments

• Boat Pictures 012 [640x480] [320x200].JPG
    Boat Pictures 012 [640x480] [320x200].JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Boat Pictures 006 [640x480] [320x200].JPG
    Boat Pictures 006 [640x480] [320x200].JPG
    36 KB · Views: 0

bear_69cuda

Commander
Re: 24' Silverline Project

Hey Fishseeker!

Welcome to iboats!

Looks like a cool boat! Can't wait to watch progress...

You're in the right place...

fishseeker

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I guess I should introduce myself(LOL). I live in Ferndale,Wa. I have been fishing since I was 5 or so. Have fished all over Washington and love being on the water. Haven't had a sound boat in sometime cause I had bud's withthem and didn't fell a need to pour water in that hole till everyone sold thier boats!!!! Also have know ondarvr from another form for a couple of years(He likes my wife's Baked Beans) LOL. Been lurking some here. Signed up last year but only posted once with a question on another boat I passed on. Latter

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

Its about time you started a thread with your new project, nice to see you did.

I can supply you with most of the glass you need, but its going to cost you, I need a serving of Aunt Kathy's baked beans in trade.

fishseeker

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Its about time you started a thread with your new project, nice to see you did.

I can supply you with most of the glass you need, but its going to cost you, I need a serving of Aunt Kathy's baked beens in trade.

I'll have her fix ya up a pot an bring them to you!LOL:D

fishseeker

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Got all the runnig gear removed and everything off the transom,tomorrow I will start taking measurments and doing some cleanup and see just what is to be done. Pulled the motor with my s-n-l's buddy's farm tractor with forks on it. Worked real slick!

fishseeker

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Got the old gal stripped out mostly, Have to figure out where to put about 40 gal. of old gas. Have a 80 gal. tank around half full. Enough mower gas for a couple years. LOL Then I can pull the tank out and do some more checking. Got into the space under the floor through a bad spot and the foam is bone dry. Will post some pics. of the rot latter when I have more exposed. Does not look that extensive so far. Time to put the cover over her cause the sun is on her all day. Need some shade as I sweat very badly even in the winter. Who would think the sun would be a concern it Western Washington this time of year! Everyone knows summer dosn't start here till July 11! LOL Later

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

I'll need to stop by and take a look at it soon.

fishseeker

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Got the boat in the shade now. Still seeing whats what. Got the fuel tan empty and trying to remove. Front hold down screws are a pain. The guys that put the floor in the cuddy slopped ucky pucky all over the screws,have to chip the resin off and out of the screws.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

I'll put together a care package of glass and bring it by, I may even be persuaded to help at times if I'm bribed with a seat in the boat while fishing, or the famous A/K's beans.

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey welcome to iboats! You're in good company here!;) Looking forward to seeing pix of your project! Gud luck!!

fishseeker

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I'll put together a care package of glass and bring it by, I may even be persuaded to help at times if I'm bribed with a seat in the boat while fishing, or the famous A/K's beans.

The seat would be yours anytime, But the beans would have to wait till AFTER FISHING:eek:

fishseeker

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Got the tank out! The ucky pucky(tecnical term) was a coating a PO had put down on top off 1/4" ply to cover the rotten ply under it in the cuddy! Have most of the glass up in the center tank well, the floor of the cuddy is the same floor. May have to remove the bulheads and part ovf the Vberth to out down new. Don't know yet as I had to quit on the boat and help the SNL with haying. Don't have pics uploaded yet. Don't know what kind of foam Sliverline used but I actualy have standing puddles of water on the foam. with none of it crumbling.
Think I will need to spray every nook and cranny for bugs, Pulled out 1 piece and was glad I had on gloves, Out pops a NASTY HOBO spider(Verified by Pics.):eek:
May get to do some today after moving some hay trailers to the barns if buyers don't pickup today. Latter John

fishseeker

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Got called back to work this week so have not been able to do any work on the boat, Doing anything after work is out as I drive about 75 miles each way. Drive to work takes 1 1/2 hr. drive home takes anywhere from 2-3 hour. But the weekend is coming!

fishseeker

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Job I was to do got delayed so I get to work on the boat. Do some more clean out. Got to remove some of the bulkheads to the cc and the galley unit. Me thinks I need to rent a storage unit to put everything in as we don't have enough rom as it is. My Goldwing has to be outside now. CC is full of boat parts, Outdrive has been sleeping there for a long time and its in the way! LOL, More latter.

fishseeker

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Did some more removeing of STUFF yeasterday. Lots of screws in the wood work.Slow going, start removing something and find I have to remove something else to get to a screw:mad: Atleast the weather cooled some,got alittle rain, so the means no cutting hay so I won't get bothered with that for a while! Figure a couple of days I will get the innerurds out and I can star grinding and getting ichy, O'Joy!~!!!

fishseeker

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I can't believe the amount of nuts and bolts in this puppy! The entire cuddy is Teak Ply and bolted together(plus the teak trim) and all has to come out to acsses the floor and stringers. Running out of room to put panels fast. Thank God for 18 volt drills. Wife is getting tired of climbing in to hold a wrench when I can't reach a nut and run the drill!!!

fishseeker

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Havn't posted in a few days. For some reason I could not get the site to load, but its OK now. Still unscrewing things(all the screws I take out makeup for all the things I've screwed up in my life?) Had to work a couple days this week. Have to move some stuff around, I'm out of room! Good times, kind of relaxing, takes the mind off life!