oil alarm 90 johnson

pajet

Cadet
have 93 90hp johnson was trolling at near idle and got oil alarm-beep beep.shut down checked oil tank ok refired no alarm ran to ramp 7 miles no alarm. what happened?should I be concerned? thanks

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: oil alarm 90 johnson

Continuous short beeps is a no oil alarm compared to short beeps every 20 to 40 seconds for low oil.

Take the no oil alarm seriously and troubleshoot the cause. You may need to service the tank, especially the oil filter in the tank, or you may have an air leak in the oil system, which would not be surprising if you stll have the original equipment.

riverbum55

Recruit
Re: no oil alarm 70 johnson

Re: no oil alarm 70 johnson

Continuous short beeps is a no oil alarm compared to short beeps every 20 to 40 seconds for low oil.

Take the no oil alarm seriously and troubleshoot the cause. You may need to service the tank, especially the oil filter in the tank, or you may have an air leak in the oil system, which would not be surprising if you stll have the original equipment.
I have 1998 70hp johnson outboard 3 cylinder 2 stroke. I have had the boat for about six years and have the boat serviced regularly this is the first time I have had a problem, the no oil light sounds loud. I turn off motor count to 30 and fire back up and no alarm sounds. It can idle or being running at 4000rpm the alarm will sound within 2 to 5 to 10 minutes. Trying to find a solution. If anyone has one