water cylinder #2

rrios

Recruit
While trailering I got caught in major thunder storm. Water flowed off cover and down into carb of my 1997 Crownline with 7.4L where it made its way to the cylinder. Didn't know till I tried to start. Starter made a clunk and that was it. Removed spark plugs all the way around. # 2 ( 1st cyl starboard side toward bow) was the only one with water. Immediately doused with penitrating oil and about 5cc of motor oil. Left all spark plugs out and tried again to turn over by starter. No movement at all. I would like to turn it over by hand but unsure of best way to do this. Hard to get at the fly wheel and don't want to strip something off the front. Looking for suggestions and advice.

burp

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: water cylinder #2

Ouch! How long since the engine was ran before the problem was discovered? I would assume it is not a 202/225 where the rear bench seat tips forward allowing better access to the front of the engine. I have seen a frozen alternator prevent a 4.3L engine from turning over. What about loosening all the belts and then trying to turn the engine over? Wondering if the exhaust manifold/riser is not the real source of the water... Did all the spark plugs look the same when pulled?