Humidity limit on Brightsides paint

sangalanga

Cadet
We live in the humid rain forests of South Carolina and have the interior of our boat freshly primed and ready to paint. We will be using Brightsides paint by Interlux. We have been holding off due to horror stories about the paint not curing or going bad because it was rolled on during a humid day. EVERY DAY here is humid!

What are the environmental limits on humidity for using this paint and should we consider painting at night or in a garage maybe?

Thanks

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: Humidity limit on Brightsides paint

hi bud.....welcome to i boats. !

outside of painting it in a garage with a de humidifier running full bore for a week or two.....
i think you are gonna have to contact the manufacturer for there reccomendations on that one.

drewpster

Commander

I live in Tennessee. The humidity is no picnic here either. I had best results when I painted in the morning just after the dew burns off and the wind is calm. I did not have a problem with losing shine. The problems I had were more related to wind then anything else. I would suggest doing some test runs on a smooth surface and just see how it goes. Brightside is a single component paint so just paint a little out of the can and give it a try.

Brightside deck after tack free cure. Painted in June or July if memory serves. Second coat.

100_1459.jpg

wguttrid

Seaman

Sorry to bring up and old post but was curious if Sangalanga or anyone was able to get an answer for maximum humidity levels for Interlux Brightside paint, reason I ask is about to put a coat of Brightside on tonight and the humidity today has been around 70% this afternoon and is now floating at 74%.

drewpster

Commander

74% is real common here. I'm sure at was at least that high when I painted that deck. Go for it, I'm sure it will be fine.

sangalanga

Cadet

Never arrived at a definitive answer. We just went for it and it turned out great! I think the humidity was in the high 70s that morning. Wind was the enemy for us as well. Definitely take pains to remove all loose dust, leaves etc and then hose down the entire area. Sorry it took a year for me to thank you dewpster, but thank you.