225 OX66 small rpm reduction when using trim at speed....Normal?

sunbird 18

Petty Officer 3rd Class
2001 Yamaha 225 OX66 SX225TXRZ. When cruising at lets say 4000rpm and I use the trim switch on the controls, I notice a slight, 100-150, rpm reduction while operating the switch. The rpms return to 4000 after letting off the switch. I am just trying to understand what causes this. Hitting the trim switch causes my voltage to drop from about 14 to about 12. This reduction is affecting what......hmmmm... Injectors, ECU, Fuel Pump, ??

Is this normal?
What is causing the rpm reduction?

sunbird 18

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 225 OX66 small rpm reduction when using trim at speed....Normal?

have you seen this post?
are your batteries and connections in good shape??

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=316947

Thanks for that link, it was interesting and related to rpm change with trim activation. He had the opposite problem where his rpms would increase with trim activation. His problem kinda disappeared with fuel system maint which has nothing to do with electrical loads which is strange. He never discovered what was actually happening there. My battery connections are all tight and clean. I can very easily live with this symptom, but I wonder if it is normal and what might be causing it.
hmmmmmmm.......

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

12V to 14V when hitting the trim?
you have a problem.
you need to find it now while its minor.

sunbird 18

Petty Officer 3rd Class

12V to 14V when hitting the trim?
you have a problem.
you need to find it now while its minor.

I typically have 14V. When I use the PTT (power trim and tilt) the voltage drops to 12 while in use. When I let off the switch, it returns back to 14V. Is this a problem? What should the proper voltage do in this situation? Thanks!

sunbird 18

Petty Officer 3rd Class

hmmm? Anybody else's OX66 225 motor do this?