Slow turning Force 50

Jeremy90bay

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 1990 Bayliner with a force 50 on it. It has not been run in 4 years. I change the lower unit oil and plugs. When i try to start it it turns real slow. If I take the spark plugs out it turns fast. if I take one plug out it will turn fast but with both plugs in it its real slow. I put a new battery in it. any ideas would help please.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Slow turning Force 50

Remove and clean all of the battery to engine cable connections, Jeremy. Worst offender is usually the battery ground cable where it bolts to the engine.

Jeremy90bay

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thank you I will try that today. but would it be a connection even though it turnsover Correctly with the plugs out?

eight tracker

Petty Officer 3rd Class

less compression will make it a lot eaiser for the battery to rotate the crankdhaft,less power the battery has to use.Check the connections!
tom

Jeremy90bay

Petty Officer 1st Class

It was the starter. I cleaned the connections and still nothing. I went to the local marine repair and low and behold they had a used one. we put it in a fired up after a couple of tries. Thanks for looking and trying to help. this website is great and I will continue to read the posts to learn more and try to help.:D