Fuel tank

polorican

Recruit
I own a 1996 Sunbird Corsair 200 cuddy boat and I need to pick my fellow boaters mind. I need to replace the SENDING UNIT for the gas tank on my boat. But here's the problem, I don't know where its placed. I do not want to rip all of the floorboards on my boat to get to it. Does any one know where the exact location for the sending unit is for this type of boat? I need to fix this problem before I start boating. PLEASE help me.

Robert

mmccoy555

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Fuel tank

the tank may be on the port rear or starboard rear behind the rear seats if so you'll see the unit on top. If the tank is in the floor your gonna be ripping up carpet. I'm pretty sure the tank is in the rear on the port side though. where is your fill?

mejmea

Recruit
Re: Fuel tank

I own a 1996 Sunbird Corsair 200 cuddy boat and I need to pick my fellow boaters mind. I need to replace the SENDING UNIT for the gas tank on my boat. But here's the problem, I don't know where its placed. I do not want to rip all of the floorboards on my boat to get to it. Does any one know where the exact location for the sending unit is for this type of boat? I need to fix this problem before I start boating. PLEASE help me.

Robert

I have a 170 OB but the manual for it shows the diagram for the 170 IO as well. Assuming that there might be some consistency between models, the fuel tank is shown at rear on the port side. The diagram does not specify in the floor or under/behind the seat. For our boat it is under the floor in the center but there is a removable section of floor that can be taken out without ripping up carpet (although you have to remove the seats).