I need catalog experts !!!

tinman565

Seaman
Changing motor over...both big block mercruisers. Old motor is a 1988 7.4L with the oil cooler on the lower side of block (rh lower if standing in front of it). New 502 Mag had (1990) oil cooler in back. I'm running my cooler the same way it was on the original motor. I'm looking for a part number for the water hose that goes from the thermostat housing down the front of the motor, along the lower side, and to the cooler ( I think it goes to the back of the cooler ). Then I need the hose that goes from the front of the cooler (I think) to the raw water pump. It sorta snakes around the front of the oil pan. Pleeeeeease...somebody's gotta know this set-up, and what the part numbers are. Thanks guys. :redface:

mkast

Lieutenant Commander
Re: I need catalog experts !!!

If it's #22,
the part number is: 32-896998

Attachments

• 20190.jpg
    20190.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 0

Zackman

Petty Officer 1st Class

What's your engine serial number?​

tinman565

Seaman

I just sold that motor Sunday..wish I knew the serial number...sorry. How many '88 7.4L motor styles can there be with the cooler on the lower side ? I thought it was one long formed hose that went from the thermostat housing down the front, along the side, and to the cooler ? Thanks for the photo MKAST..but I cant blow it up to see. Oh...and guys, dont forget about the other hose. THANKS !!!!

tinman565

Seaman

Grrrrrrrrr !!!!!!!!!! I Wish Don Was My Neighbor !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fun Times

Staff member

I just sold that motor Sunday..wish I knew the serial number...sorry. How many '88 7.4L motor styles can there be with the cooler on the lower side ? I thought it was one long formed hose that went from the thermostat housing down the front, along the side, and to the cooler ? Thanks for the photo MKAST..but I cant blow it up to see. Oh...and guys, dont forget about the other hose. THANKS !!!!
You could try if you still have the origenel drive or transom assy laying around have a dealer look under merc history on merc net punch in one of the numbers off the drive/transom assy, And it should bring up what engine you had and the serial number of the engine the boat started with from day one.:cool:

tinman565

Seaman

Somebody has to know these part numbers. HEEEEEEEELLLLPPPP !!!!!! :confused:

( I'm gonna get my OUJI board out to try and summon Don )

flargin

Chief Petty Officer

Changing motor over...both big block mercruisers. Old motor is a 1988 7.4L with the oil cooler on the lower side of block (rh lower if standing in front of it). New 502 Mag had (1990) oil cooler in back. I'm running my cooler the same way it was on the original motor. I'm looking for a part number for the water hose that goes from the thermostat housing down the front of the motor, along the lower side, and to the cooler ( I think it goes to the back of the cooler ). Then I need the hose that goes from the front of the cooler (I think) to the raw water pump. It sorta snakes around the front of the oil pan. Pleeeeeease...somebody's gotta know this set-up, and what the part numbers are. Thanks guys. :redface:

Not sure if you have old or new thermostat housing.

Old version here. # 19. part # 32-897142, HOSE, THERMOSTAT HOUSING TO OIL COOLER

or new version # 19. Part # 32-16011, HOSE, THERMOSTAT HOUSING TO OIL COOLER

The pump to cooler is 32-181591 (see new version link above)

Is that what you are looking for?

If not, I am not sure I understand your question.