Lost my favorite hat on the water yesterday

mike64

Lieutenant Junior Grade
...an Evinrude 100 yr anniversary ball cap I got free from a parts place since I order so many engine parts from them (ok, actually because they had to backorder a coil because they dropped and broke it).

I've had a couple caps get blown off my head but I was able to retrieve them from the water-- this one was dark blue and I just could not find it.

I know, not a big deal in the scheme of things but it was a spiffy looking cap. :(

mike64

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Lost my favorite hat on the water yesterday

Now how ya gonna keep that bald spot from getting sunburned? :p

I know.

get another ;)

I still have a full head of hair...so far. ;)

That's the one. Thanks for the link, Arabian! I liked the price on the old one though-- $0 (or I guess you could say it cost a couple hundred in motor parts :rolleyes:)

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

If it makes you feel any better, I dropped a $100 portable VHF in the water at the boat launch yesterday. I tried to retrieve it without sucess, which is probably just as well, because it was on and the plugs that seal the battery charger port and speaker/mic port, we not in place. I'm afraid it would have been fried anyway.

mike64

Lieutenant Junior Grade

If it makes you feel any better, I dropped a $100 portable VHF in the water at the boat launch yesterday. I tried to retrieve it without sucess, which is probably just as well, because it was on and the plugs that seal the battery charger port and speaker/mic port, we not in place. I'm afraid it would have been fried anyway.

No, that doesn't make me feel better Jay-- now I feel bad bad for you losing your portable VHF. Sorry to hear it! Reminds me of a post in the sunglasses thread where somebody said he's bought 3 pairs of Costa glasses because two pair are at the bottom of the lake.

Maybe this thread should turn into "what's the most valuable (money or sentimental value) thing you've dropped in the water while boating?"

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

they make floating neck straps for glasses. but not hats. or vhf.

Arabian180

Banned

they make floating neck straps for glasses. but not hats. or vhf.

Necessity is the mother of invention :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• bobberhat.jpg
    bobberhat.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 0

FBPirate95

Master Chief Petty Officer

You might want to ask this guy about it. I think he may have seen it!:D

Attachments

• Lost Hat.JPG
    Lost Hat.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 0

Rocky_Road

Lieutenant Commander

I lost my favorite cap...cruising at WOT one day.

I glanced over to the wife...and thought to myself...'Darn! If I had to lose something...why the hat?'

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Had a couple insist on wearing their sunglasses a couple of years ago while tubing behind my boat. No tie straps. Warned them that they would lose their "designer glasses" Long story short they finished up without them and were quite upset. I told them that I wear designer sunglasses as well so I could feel their pain. They asked what mine were and i responded " Dollarama" 5 pairs for 5 bucks !!!! They were not impressed.

wajajaja02

Senior Chief Petty Officer

take a leash like your ignition switch and tie it to your hat. works fine, or get one at your ski shop.