MFG boat identification

jah1317

Cadet
Hey guys! It was suggested to me to post in here and maby you guys would be able to help me out a little. I recently aquired the boat pictured below and was looking to identify it. I am actually going to sell it as a project boat but I would like to know what it is first. It will be sold as is and does not have a title, trailer, or a motor, however the original motor that it came with is available. I hate to get rid of it but I got it for it's trailer and I am in the middle of another project as we speak and just don't have the time and or resources to put into this one. it is 15' and has beautiful wood! I was wondering what price I should put on it due to the lack of title. I was thinking $150 but I am not sure then again the wife (and myself) want it out of the back yard. Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Jacob

Attachments

• IMG_0492.JPG
    IMG_0492.JPG
    3.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0494.JPG
    IMG_0494.JPG
    3.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0501.JPG
    IMG_0501.JPG
    2.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0506.JPG
    IMG_0506.JPG
    2 KB · Views: 0

pduquette

Ensign
Re: MFG boat identification

Hi jah1317 ! looks like a nice old MFG! I poked arround on another site and would guess it's an "ERIE" modle from 1958 or 1957 ? check http://fiberglassics.com/mfg/mfgb58008.jpg to see for your self .
I'd suggest putting a motor on it and taking it for a ride It will sell it self .......you may change your mind about selling it too:D Hope I've been a help . and welcome aboard jacob !! peter

Landscaping Wiz 808

Chief Petty Officer

Welcome aboard jah1317! That's a beautiful MFG!:D It kind of looks like a smaller version of a wooden Massachusetts striper boat. I think pduquette nailed the year & model for you, the only difference I see is the windshield.

Is the hull of the boat made of fiberglass? Is there any way you can post larger pictures or a link to larger pictures?

BOB

pduquette

Ensign

Hi Jacob ! I think you have us all interested in some more pictures!! Oh and what year / brand is the old motor ? I know for most states , no title will make a dificult sell....no chance of getting one through the P.O. or state?
peter

Mark_VTfisherman

Lieutenant

jah1317: Are you out there? Just wondering.... :) we want full-size pictures and where are you located?