Bass Boat tubing

Nitro_boy

Seaman
I have a Nitro with a 150 Merc outboard and I'd like to pull tubers can I use the transom rings on the back of the boat to tube and ski? Any pro's or con's. Will the rings pull out?

Re: Bass Boat tubing

Sure, you can use the transom rings to pull tubes. If you do that you'll want to get a harness that goes between the two rings (it has a pulley on it, which the tow rope connects to, it equalizes the force during turns). Only problem with this setup is that the tow rope will probably drag through the water, and if your kids are big whiners (like mine are sometimes) they'll complain about spray from the tow rope and the fact that they get stuck outside the wake in turns. The solution to that is to use a ski pylon, which goes in your fishing seat mount and has two steel tubes that transfer the force to the transom. I've got one very similar to the one on the link and it works great.

http://www.iboats.com/Swivl_Eze_Bas...57326378--**********.097178301--view_id.38379

bryanj23

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Bass Boat tubing

Sure, you can use the transom rings to pull tubes. If you do that you'll want to get a harness that goes between the two rings (it has a pulley on it, which the tow rope connects to, it equalizes the force during turns). Only problem with this setup is that the tow rope will probably drag through the water, and if your kids are big whiners (like mine are sometimes) they'll complain about spray from the tow rope and the fact that they get stuck outside the wake in turns. The solution to that is to use a ski pylon, which goes in your fishing seat mount and has two steel tubes that transfer the force to the transom. I've got one very similar to the one on the link and it works great.

http://www.iboats.com/Swivl_Eze_Bas...57326378--**********.097178301--view_id.38379
How large of a tube are you pulling with that? I've been looking for one of these but everybody keeps telling me they are not for tubes.