NO Audible Beep when ignition is turned on

Play-Station

Recruit
I have a 2004 Rinker 342 with Twin Horizon 350 mags. When I turn the key on the starboard motor I receive the audible startup buzzer you would expect. When I turn the key on the port motor I here NO audible buzzer. Thinking it was buzzer itself I swapped the port/starboard buzzers. I still have the same problem on the port motor so it's not the buzzer. Sometimes while underway I here a very short (less than second) beep but it immediately goes away. There is no consistent frequency to the beeps while underway.

My question is what sensors are connected to the audible warning system? I have a full compliment of gauges on the dash and they all show normal readings (oil presssure, voltage and temperature). I assume their must be an open circuit somewhere in the electrical system, how do I determine where the open circuit is? On another post someone suggested disconnecting each sensor until the audible tone is heard, will that work? Where are the sensors on the 350 mag? I do see many small labels on the wiring harnesses so it might be visible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: NO Audible Beep when ignition is turned on

Got a serial number for that engine?

Play-Station

Recruit
Re: NO Audible Beep when ignition is turned on

Don S,

I'm not on the boat so I don't know which engine serial number has the problem but both the port and starboard engine serial numbers are listed below:

OM647989
OM647990