1992 40hp tracker racing (4000 rpm) in neutral

mcgrady

Recruit
My original problem was motor would not idle, pulled carbs and cleaned all jets, after that set and cleaned all linkages, idleing fine after that, but for no apparent reason, would start racing and turning the key off would not kill it, had to choke it till it died, all linkages were back at idle position(not sticking) any ideas.

the first problem was engine would not idle, pulled and cleaned both carbs and all jets, cleaned and set all linkages, now it idles fine but if I gave it gas while in neutral even though i pulled the throttle back, it would race out of control, and turning the key off would not kill it. Had to turn the key back on and choke it till it died. The linkages are not sticking, everything is back in idle position but this still happens. Any ideas, Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

jonesg

Admiral
Re: 1992 40hp tracker racing (4000 rpm) in neutral

decarb it, it prolly is running like a glow engine, excessive carbon starts to glow and it doesn't need a sparkplug once it gets going.
lucky you knew how to stop it without leaning it out and frying pistons.
It happens. Thats why you read so often don't rev em up without a load or they can runaway.

mcgrady

Recruit
Re: 1992 40hp tracker racing (4000 rpm) in neutral

Thanks for the info. what is the best way to decarb these 2 strokes?