Pro Crappie 175 or Pro team 175 txw?

forge77

Recruit
Looking to get a new boat and have it down to the Tracker family. I like their price, style and track record. The boat will be used mainly by my wife and I for fishing but as my son gets older and more children come into the picture they will be using it too.

I'm looking for some imput on the 2 models I have decided to choose from. The Pro crappie 175 or the Pro team 175 twx. We do alot of pan and bass fishing with the occasional trip to the river for some walley or cat fishing. NOt to mention just going out for a nice boat ride. Both boats should fill our needs just fine but I'm concernd with ride comfort and seating capacity. I know they are rated to carry 4 persons, But how well does that work out? What about comfort while driving it? Is it?

Thanks for any imformation that can help me make up my mind. Pro and cons are welcome.

MudSkunk

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Pro Crappie 175 or Pro team 175 txw?

well i have proguide V16SC and it rides fine. it has three pedastal seats and two spots you could probably sit a person left and right of the motor.

its pretty much the wife and myself or just myself and a guest or two most times and no kids. mine is a little alrger than the proteams if i am not mistaken as far as intereior goes. i dont think i would be too comfy with more than myself and 2 others aboard.

bgdazed

Recruit

Forge,
My wife and I have the pt175. we have two children. while I love our boat, it is way too small for all of us. It is a great boat, an awesome value,yet it lacks "family" space. It is perfect for the wife and I ,out for a day of fishing. But with both, Or even one or our girls it gets a little uncomfortable. they fish for a while then they get fidgety, and they want to go.we are now looking for a bigger boat......Just my two cents!!!

GeoHawk

Seaman

I just sold a 2001 Pro Crappie 175 last fall. Loved it for fishing. I liked having more open space around the center of the boat to move around in vs. the Pro Team 175 my buddy has. I also liked the integrated baitwells/minnow buckets the PC has that the PT doesn't (though the newer PC has only 1 where mine had 2).

If I had to choose between the two, I still like the layout of the PC better. My problem was that it got very crowded in the boat with more than 3 people. 2 was ideal, 3 was OK, 4 seemed crowded, even with 2 of them being my kids (they're 11 and 8 yrs old).

It was nice on the water, though. Great ride and handled rougher water fairly well while underway.