1977 16ft Double Eagle Floor (DECK) Replacement HELP!!

steve41

Recruit
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this but the information provided is awesome. My boats floor was getting soft spots so I pulled the floor up. The stringers are fine, the bulkheads made of plywood I will replace. When I replace the floor should it be sealed or do you have to leave vents for airflow? and if so where do you suggest to put the vents so water won't get in? I will pour foam first then cut it so the floor will not warp. Any advice wold be great...
Thanks Steve41:)

keepNitreel

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1977 16ft Double Eagle Floor (DECK) Replacement HELP!!

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this but the information provided is awesome. My boats floor was getting soft spots so I pulled the floor up. The stringers are fine, the bulkheads made of plywood I will replace. When I replace the floor should it be sealed or do you have to leave vents for airflow? and if so where do you suggest to put the vents so water won't get in? I will pour foam first then cut it so the floor will not warp. Any advice wold be great...
If you are going to use pour foam then checkout this thread by FuzzyWiggler on how he did it. http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=249713

jonesg

Admiral

Hi Everyone,

You only need to vent beneath the deck if there is a fuel tank under there.
What I would put beneath the deck is a bilge pump, 2 of em in mine with a float switch on one.

steve41

Recruit

Do you have an access hatch to get to the pumps? Should I use pour foam or leave the cavity empty? Also do you bevel the edges of the plywood at a 45 degree angle around the edges or leave it square?
Thanks for your replies.

steve41

Recruit

I am redy to put the deck on now. How many coats of glass should you wrap the plywood in before you screw it to the runners and seal up the sides?