yamaha sx250txrz 2001 rodbolt you out there

Put New Tank In Boat, All New Lines And Vent, All New Filters, Racor Vst And One On Motor, Had All The Injectors Serviced, Motor Ran Sweet 5700 Rpm No Problem, Put About 75 Gallons Of Fuel Through System. Then Today Motor Stalls I Squeeze The Bulb Get The Motor Going Limp Home Squeezing The Bulb Am I Looking At A Fuel Pump. The Bulb Was Not Collasped, Low Pressur Fuel Pumps Changed Last Year. When I Start Motor After Priming With Bulb And Disconect The Fuel Line I Dont Feel Any Suction, Do I Need A Special Fuel Pressur Gauge, Would The Pump Go This Quick Without Warning, I Had Fuel Water Issues With The Old Tank. Checked Vent, Whats My Next Step, Fuel Pressur Procedure. I Know This Is Not A Cheap Item So I Want To Be Sure Thank You WHAT SHOULD BE MY PRESSUR READING

Last edited:

Casco Bay Outrage

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: yamaha sx250txrz 2001 rodbolt you out there

I would run the engine on a portable tank to eliminate all the new work you did. Not a bad thing to do while waiting for other posters.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

there again ya done trouble shot your issue./
all that primer bulb does is prime the fuel system, BYPASSING the lift pumps.
by keeping the VST full with the primer it indicates a few things
one is your hull system is air tight and free of leaks.
2 is you can run the engine while bypassing the lift pumps.
install another set of lift pumps.

WENT BACK TO BOAT TODAY, STARTED RIGHT UP FUEL PRESSUR TEST, CAME BACK GOOD, I WAS THINKING THAT BEFORE I HAD THE PROBLEM I HAD SLOW TROLLED FOR 2-3 HOURS, WOULD THIS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE PROBLEM I HAD, AIR, WATER IN FUEL ETC ANY COMMENTS ? th ank you .THANKS FOR REPLY RODBOLT, I HAD THE MOTOR BACK TO 5700RPMS TO DAY YOU STILL THINK LIFT PUMPS

Last edited: